- About Us
- Provider Directory
- Information for Providers
- Senior Centers
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program
- Services and Programs
- Assisted Living Waiver
- Care Transitions
- Caregiver Advocacy Program
- CHOICES-Home Care Attendant Service
- Elder Abuse Awareness
- Falls Awareness & Prevention
- Information and Referral Services
- Healthy U
- Home Choice
- Home Energy Assistance Program
- Housing Program
- Legal Services
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- Music and Memory
- Medicare Support Services
- Passport Waiver Program
- Project Lifesaver
- SE Ohio Aging And Disability Resource Network
- Senior Farmers Market
- Speakers Bureau
- Start Talking
- Volunteer Respite Services
- Working Caregiver Support Program
- Disaster & Weather Issues
Caregiver Advocacy Program
The AAA8 caregiver advocacy program addresses the growing needs of informal caregivers and those to whom they provide care. This program also includes the following:
INFORMATION & REFERRAL provides information and referral to community resources (legal/financial, transportation, support groups, home health services, hospice services, health services) and emergency services (financial aid, shelters, food, clothing).
Click here to download a AAA8 Caregiver Advocacy Program brochure
Click here to download the ODA Caregiver Program brochure
- RESPITE CARE such as personal care, homemaking, or adult day services, provide short-term assistance for an older person so the caregiver can have some free time.
- LEGAL SERVICES provide education and assistance to caregivers in matters of Living Wills, Health Care Power of Attorney information and documentation, and Durable Power of Attorney information and documentation.
- CAREGIVER TRAINING in-home training to caregivers:
- Proper body mechanics in moving lifting, or transferring a care receiver
- Techniques on how to give a bath to a person who is bed bound
- Use of assistive devices such as gait belts
- Use of medical equipment such as a hydraulic hoyer lift
- MEDICAL EQUIPMENT PURCHASES designed to assist and compliment the care a caregiver provides, medical equipment purchases are limited and determined by the program coordinator on a need basis. Purchases include but are not limited to linen savers such as chuxs pads, safety devices for doors and windows etc.
- PROJECT LIFESAVER designed as a rapid response search and rescue service, using state of the art technologies and strategies to prevent or reduce the potential of harm to individuals suffering from Alzheimer's, Downs Syndrome, Autism, traumatic brain injuries, and cognitive impairments. These individuals may tend to wander away from their residences and become confused or lost.
The one-ounce transmitter emits a personalized silent constant pulsating radio signal 24-hrs a day. The transmitter is housed in a wristband unit that looks like a watch. It can be worn on the wrist or ankle. The radio signal can be located up to several miles away on land or in the air. Once notified the team responds on the ground to the wanderer's area and starts searching with the mobile locator tracking system.
- MEDICATION MANAGEMENT PROGRAM designed to help seniors better understand the medications they are taking and identify potentially dangerous interactions with other medications they are taking as well as potential side effects.
Call 800-331-2644 for a free copy of the following brochures:
- A Checklist for New Caregivers
- Long Distance Caregiving
- Stress & the Caregiver
- Balancing Caregiving, Family & Work
-50 Things Every Caregiver Should Know
Click on the links below to download the documents
Online Caregiver Forum
For those wishing to connect with other caregivers in a supportive online community forum, AAA8 is pleased to offer the Caregiver Forum, powered by AgingCare.com. This is a nationwide group where you can ask questions, give answers, exchange messages and get support from other family caregivers who understand exactly what you're going through.
Caregiver Information and Support Web Sites
Hospice Foundation - books and resources
National Family CG Association - membership and resources
Ohio Council for Home Care - home health agencies
Elder Abuse - For information on just about everything you ever wanted to know about elder abuse
Consumer Direction - To learn consumer direction and to find projects by state including contact information.